Thursday Dec 6, 2007 10am, 11am, 1pm, 2pm (CST) The Millennium Excellence Award Program
28 November, 2007 by cara.greyeyes
Thursday Dec 6 - 10am, 11am, 1pm, and 2pm (CST) - Canadian Millennium Scholarship Foundation Presentation for Students Grades 10, 11, & 12
- Presentation for students on how to apply for the Canadian Millennium Scholarship Foundation via video conference
The Canadian Millennium Scholarships Foundation wishes to increase the number of First Nations and Métis applicants for millennium excellence awards. To accomplish this goal, the Foundation unfolding a plan of informing and engaging students, parents, and school officials about the benefits of the millennium excellence awards.
The millennium excellence awards seek to recognize the leaders of today and tomorrow and emphasize the importance of supporting their contributions to our country's future. Millennium excellence awards are not prizes for benchmarks achieved - they are investments in the development of exceptional individuals who will have long, productive careers and whose accomplishments will benefit Canada as a whole.
The Millennium Excellence Award Program recognizes supports and encourages talented Canadians who make positive and significant contributions to the betterment of their communities, demonstrate a capacity for leadership, and commit themselves to the pursuit of academic excellence and innovation.
Recipients are selected on the basis of:
- Demonstrated positive and verifiable service to the community
- Academic achievement
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership and ability to motivate others
- Demonstrated interest in innovation.
There are three types of entrance awards:
- 100 national awards of $5,000, renewable to a maximum of $20,000;
- approximately 200 provincial/territorial awards of $4,000, renewable to a maximum of $16,000;
- approximately 700 one-time local awards of $4,000.
The Millennium Excellence Award Program